2016 Fellowship Eligibility Criteria, Documentation Requirements and Application
THE 2016 APPLICATION DUE DATE IS FRIDAY, MARCH 18, 2016.
The Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists fellowships are open to individuals who:
Please include all of the following documents with your signed application. Applications WITHOUT the following documents will NOT be considered.
1. Copies of representative selections of your work, such as newspaper clippings, audio tapes, video tapes or internet submissions. The selections must be work produced in 2015 or 2016 -- not earlier. Entries with insight and originality will be considered most favorably. Investigative work is welcome.
2. Signed letters from two individuals who supervised you and can comment on your journalism experience and qualifications.
3. Endorsement of the Fellowship application from the editor or director of the news organization that presently employs you. This endorsement must be originally signed and should:
4. Summary statement. On a separate sheet of paper, explain in not less than 300 words why you are applying for this Fellowship and what you expect to gain from the experience.
5. Two recent photographs (passport size or larger). Place these photos in a separate secure envelope and affix them to the front of your application. Do not staple the photos directly to the application form.
6. A copy of your passport. We will NOT consider applicants without a passport.
NOTE: Applicants and/or their employers are required to provide equipment necessary for the applicants to efficiently and effectively report from the United Nations. Such equipment should include a laptop or notebook computer, digital camera (if appropriate), audio/visual recording and equipment needed for transmission, especially for TV. Selected journalists must be prepared technically to file their news stories over WIFI, whether broadcast or print, and arrive with a computer enabled for WIFI.
You MUST INCLUDE ALL necessary documentation as outlined in the Eligibility and Documentation Requirements with your application.
Click HERE for the application in Word format
Click HERE for the application in PDF format (requires Adobe Reader, free download)
An originally completed AND signed application, along with all six (6) of the Documentation Requirements, should be sent by postal or courier service (such as DHL, Fedex, Airborne) to:
Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists
The Latest News